Connecting the Church and Families
We have been blessed with many children—a great joy and responsibility! Our children’s ministry is a family-based ministry. This means that parents, guided by the elders and experienced leaders, are asked to help teach in our children’s ministry so that they are directly involved in the spiritual development of their children.
Children attend church with their parents for the worship service. Then, on 3rd and 4th Sundays of the month, they split into age-groups for class.
- Children’s Church: children Kindergarten through 4th grade
- The Seekers: 5th grade through 8th grade
During Children’s Church, the children pray before offering, sing songs, and are taught a thematic Bible lesson based on a teacher-made curriculum. The curriculum of our Children’s Ministry is age-appropriate and Bible-centered. The teachers work on engaging the children with hands-on crafts, physical activities, and STEAM-type visuals.
The curriculum focuses on:
- Supporting parents in the art of teaching
- Teaching basic Biblical themes such as salvation, sanctification, the nature and character of God, grace, and other doctrines
- Modeling the love of God
- Developing godly characteristics in each child
- Instilling a Christ-centered worldview
The youth in Grades 5–8 participate in the adult service. Then during the 2nd hour on 3rd and 4th Sundays, they gather for Sunday School. This class provides the youth an open and safe environment to share and be heard while helping to build a personal relationship with the Lord and each other. All classes are Bible-centered and age-appropriate with an experienced teacher.